Wednesday, February 3, 2010

BLOG CHALLENGE: WHO IS RULK?

As you can see from my recent Top 10 of 2009 post, I've been reading Hulk for a while now. One of the burning questions in the series is "Who is Rulk?" aka Red Hulk. There have been plenty of red herrings thrown out there including Doc Samson, Rick Jones, Bruce Banner, and Betty Ross. The current likely candidate is Colonel Glenn Talbot:

At this point I really don't care who it is. It's bound to be someone I've never heard of and Talbot is just too easy, so I've taken to thinking who would be the most ridiculous candidate. Here's my current choice:

This is Devil Dinosaur. A favorite of mine when I was a boy from the awesomely madcap mind of Jack "The King" Kirby. Obviously they are both red and Devil is prone to transdimensional exploits so he's a prime suspect. Now here's the challenge: Tell me who Rulk is. You have to show your work with some sort of reasoning - the more ridiculous the better, the candidate doesn't even need to be a Marvel character, and the most entertaining to me will be declared winner for all the interwebs to see on this very blog. Get your thinkin' caps on and post your answer in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. The Red Hulk is General Thunderbolt Ross.
    My only RHulk purchase was "Fall of the Hulks Alpha". With knowledge of this single issue in the RHulk run, I'm certain in is Ross (even though he "dies" in this issue). Dead people are always guilty.

    ReplyDelete