Tuesday, May 12, 2009

WHY DO I KEEP BUYING THIS JUNK? - MARVEL ZOMBIES 4

It took awhile, but I've finally looked at the whole Marvel Zombies thing and asked "Why?". The 1st series was neato bandito. Of course that was the one title my comic dude DIDN'T put in my sub box ( I generally picked up anything zombie or horror previously and was onboard Walking Dead from day one) and Marvel Zombies #1 remains the only damn issue I need the 1st printing of. But, I don't want to shell out 30 bucks for that privilege.

The second series was off the wall weird, but at least it was still funny. Zombies with the Power Cosmic is funny damn it. 3rd time around, yeah, getting assy. Didn't really care about machine man or whoever the fuck dude was. Jocasta neither.

Now, we're up to Marvel Zombies 4. Lame ass Son of Satan is in the hizzouse! Gah. There was some promise as they introduced zombie fishmen, but now they all blew up and now Morbius has an oxygen gun that explodes things infected with the virus and Z-list goons abound. Ugh. Did I mention Son of Satan? Oh, and since the Hood isn't in enough titles (I still like the guy) just yet, he shows up. Deadpool's here too. Or at least just his head. Jeeze. And where the hell is Man-Thing? I want Man-Thing damn it.

Though Deadpool marks the only moments I've enjoyed thus far. As you can see in the panel above, he is kept in a cage until 2 geniuses decide to set him free. I think the one guy is a dead damn ringer for Dale from The Walking Dead. If not, his hat, face, and baggy eyes are too close for comfort. Coincidence? Who cares. I'm getting off this train while the gettin's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment