Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FAIL OF THE WEEK - THE END LEAGUE #7

It's the end of The End League for me. Oh, how witty.

From such heights to such crap. Rick Remender has my neverending respect for the creation of Fear Agent as well as his recent work on The Punisher. The 1st issue or so of The End League was very cool too. Interesting takes on charactrs and a bleak universe where the heroes are outnumbered by villains. Sweet. But, The End League has now all gone to hell. The artist changed a few issue back to the dude who did Aeon Flux back in the day, Eric Canete. Not a horrible thing, but he's just not doing it for me here. I actually listened to an interview with him a month or so back and I admire his stance on art and the how things get done. He's all about deadlines and respecting them.

Art aside, the story is straight up retarded bonkers times infinity. It started out simple enough - get this hammer and smash this dude - then veered into crazyland. Then there's the issue of about 20 too many characters running around. This can be nice on one hand because characters often get eviscerated, but overall it just sucks. I end up not caring. And bi-montly isn't helping in any way. This thing is going nowhere fast. Such neato promise for a darker kind of superhero book done by a company that isn't Marvel or DC. Oh well. I'm done with this sucker officially.

4 comments:

  1. ACKx3,
    I would like to borrow these if possible (the graphic novels are order only) as I always thought the premise was dope bvut never got around to readin it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triple Ack,

    I disagree that the End League is total fail. I find that I actually fancy it. Granted, there are character outta the woodwork to keep track of and random unnessecary stuff like dudes droppin acid, superhero lesbians, more female butt cracks then Billy Tan could shake a stick at and whatnots however I still dig it.
    Post apocalypse, man is inherently evil, premise is right up me alley...plus crazy Nazi come on Ack, all I'm saying is Ragadoom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When they were down in some dungeon or otherworldly plane or whatever in this issue and a demon dude was blathering on and on I just couldn't take it no mo'. I closed the pages and didn't even bother to bag and board it.

    I've got limits.

    Murphy obviously has NO LIMITS!

    There are other books out there that deliver the same level of violence and zaniness, but in an effective manner. End League just plain doesn't know what it wants to be. Too much work for my causl reading tastes.

    If Ragadoom and Arachnakid suss out their difference and start a buddy book, I'll jump back on.

    ReplyDelete